If you were considering contacting the practice please consider:
- Could the matter be dealt with by another organisation - pharmacies, opticians and dentists are readily available and offer NHS treatment in their relevant fields (Pharmacy Services)
- Minor Injuries at the local Western General Hospital can be contacted between 11am - 7pm to arrange review re an injury sustained on 07977 246 848
- NHS Inform and Patient.info have a wide range of high-quality health information with explicit information on how to self-manage a wide range of problems.
We offer routine and emergency appointments initially by telephone - these can be booked up to two weeks in advance with the clinician of your choice.
All appointments can be booked by calling our reception team on 0131 332 7696 and giving them a brief description of your symptoms so that they ensure you are dealt with by the correct healthcare professional in a timely manner.
Telephone Appointment - offered for routine or emergency triage of medical problems. You will be given a time window to expect a call back so please ensure that you give reception accurate contact information.
Images - We may request you send an image over to assist with the telephone consultation please send the images to firstname.lastname@example.org and this will dealt with appropriately, any unsolicited email will be deleted and unopened.
Please note your consent is required:
- As you will be sending from an insecure email address, and it will be a patient identifiable risk.
- There is a risk the email may not reach us.
- Please note some images won't be clear enough to assess.
- If a referral is required the image may be used to send with relevant documentation.
- You will receive an automatic reply to confirm we have received your email
Video Appointment - following your telephone appointment we may feel it would be best to assess further via a video call. You will be given a set appointment time to use Google Chrome or Safari for the following link
Face to Face Appointments - following your telephone appointment we may feel it would be best to assess your symptoms at the practice. You will be given specific information regarding an appointment time as well as which entrance to use so please follow this information closely.
Nurse Appointments - At present we will continue to carry out essential blood test appointments (e.g. chemotherapy blood tests and tests required to monitor the safety of medicines), necessary injections and dressings only. These appointments need to be prearranged with the nursing team.
Midwife Antenatal Clinics - Antenatal care is essential care and will continue. The Midwife will contact you by telephone before your appointment and we ask that you attend appointments alone please.
Other members of our Blackhall team are based at Pannywell All Care Centre and can be contacted directly
- Health Visitor - Sheila Garrity 0131 286 5022
- District Nurses - 0131 286 5044
If you are unable to keep an appointment please telephone 0131 332 7696 from 08:30 to cancel so that the slot can be offered to another patient. Patients who repeatedly fail to attend booked appointments without cancelling will be contacted by letter and may be asked to register elsewhere.